Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rested, Relaxed, Invigorated

Okay, so I caught some Z's! I needed them badly. I got to sleep finally at 02:00 CST this morning and slept for 5 hours. Not fully recuperated, I left work early and took a two hour nap. I feel rested, and relaxed.

I also feel invigorated. Not from the slumber, but from attending a TNT meeting to recruit people to help in the fight against blood cancer! I went the local meeting in Shoreview tonight. As I am not mentoring this year, I was not speaking. I like to be there to help answer questions and possibly lay aside anyone's fear that they are not capable of doing fund raising or completing an endurance event.

The meeting was a huge success. Most of the people signed up that attended. I saw real courage in these new teammates! A neighbor of mine is going to try the Grand Canyon hike. He has done four century rides, and wants to try something new! Way to go! I met a lady who's husband is fighting Lymphoma, and she is riding Tahoe! She is excited, and I am excited for her! I met a few of the folks that I will be training for the triathlon with. I love when a new season kicks off! I know there will be challenges, but they will be overcome with hard work and dedication!

I like the feeling of hope, and determination these meetings instill. While I am only a small player in this fight, I know that my contribution is a positive one. I know that this is where I need to be. I know that having a goal is important. I know that reaching the goal requires hard work. It requires facing fears, and breaking through them. Knowing that in the end a mark has been made. A mark that has bettered society and the world as a whole. It makes me a better person. It makes me happy. It makes me continue to dream. Maybe the rough days are behind me for a time. Bring on the challenge. I am here. I am ready. I am capable.

Go TEAM!

No comments: