Friday, May 14, 2010

Ignorance Is Bliss!!!

Okay, tomorrow the TEAM will ride 90 miles. We have not had a very good record on weather! It is either wind in abundance or rain or both. Again, it is people that step outside their comfort zone that achieve amazing things.

I know what is ahead of me tomorrow. I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse. I am both excited about the challenge, and filled with doubt of if I have it in me mentally. I know after three years that I have it physically. The mental game is always the deciding factor. Seems strange that the lesson that I have learned over the last four years that if the brain is not engaged, the body has no chance of succeeding!

Having Jackson our honoree around tomorrow will be a great benefit. If this young man can face cancer, I can face my fear of repeating what I did three years ago. I know right away in the morning I will climb out of Afton, MN and I will make it to Bay City, WI. Then after a short break, I will get to face my fears and climb out of Hagger City, WI. I will have to remember Lucy, I will have to remember my sister, I will have to remember my grandfather, I will have to remember everyone that has faced something bigger than pain and a hill. I will have to harness both my fear and the honor it is to do this for someone else! I will have to put my head in the game and push through the ups and enjoy the downs. It is only pain and miles I face nothing that will kill me.

I hope to post success tomorrow. No, I don't hope, I will! Attitude is everything. It is okay to have fear, but it is attitude that will make the difference. It does not matter that I have been ill this week. It does not matter that I am tired. It does not matter that I want a break when the climbs come. I am not ignorant, but success will bring the same bliss as ignorance!!!

No comments: