Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nineteen Enjoyable Miles & Paying Attention.

Season Milage 40 miles.

Okay rounded out the numbers. Hate when things are not even. Went out and focused on just enjoying the ride and not pushing too hard. I'm starting over. I'm not gonna be able to rip through it like I am in mid-season form. Geez sometimes, I forget baby steps, or the K.I.S.S. principal (Keep It Simple Stupid). I gotta take it as it comes and base the effort on how I feel.

I did that today. I focused on just trying to keep the cadence at between 70 - 80 RPM. I was really pretty successful at that. I did not stare at the meter, just kept the occasional eye on it when I started to feel like I was straining a bit, and adjusted accordingly.

I felt a lot better on this ride to the gym than I did on the first one. The first 8 of that ride felt okay, but then BONK, nothing in the tank. This time, I fueled just before going and went with the flow. The back did really good on this ride. I got to about 16 before I got a really light twinge. Did some on the bike stretching and went into cool down enjoy the rest of the ride mode your almost home.

I went with my Riders Enjoyment playlist. Mainly my favorite Rascal Flatts songs. Pulling into home I am content with my performance. 1 hour 32 min won't break any records, but were starting over and need to build up some endurance. Still faster than 10 MPH so I'm good with it. Will try and pull 16 - 20 miles again tomorrow and see where we're at after that.

No comments: