Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oh Boy Gas Prices Suck!

Season Total 61 Miles by bike.

I did something I thought I would never do. I bought a scooter. I am not a guy that likes motor cycles at all. They scare the shit out of me to put it bluntly! But getting 80 - 90 miles to the gallon at $4.00 or however high this rip-off is going to go, beats the 180 - 190 miles I am getting out of my F150 at $100 a tank full. I'll put fear aside and learn a new skill and be careful. The scooter will pay for itself in about a year at these prices.

I would love to be able to ride my bike everyday, but sometimes I have to be to work in a hurry for meetings and other items of business. Just running around in my truck to the gym and other errands is killing the finances.

I may be working out of my funk finally. I am not sure that I will be doing the Door County 100 after all. I am considering doing the MS Tram in MN, 300 miles in a week. Meeting with one of my co-workers next week to discuss, new challenge that I am not 100% on my ability to complete, but hey I used to think 100 miles in a day, or marathon, or an Olympic distance Tri was impossible. I need to have a goal or I will sit in my own moroseness and do nothing.

Funny how as a person, I don't like goals, but need them. I am very odd in that way. I have been very introverted again lately, and have been reading a lot. I found a book of quotes and found some inspiration from that. I'm still dealing with not allowing myself to find my full potential. I am always afraid of failure, but it is not something I let myself allow to happen. I am better than I think I am, and afraid of what I can become. The only one that can hold me back is me. And yet I am afraid to let it all hang out there and just see what happens.

I will be helping the Tahoe cycle TEAM from TNT over May 7 & 14 by sagging them. Will be fun to just sit back and watch people accomplish great things. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: