Monday, February 16, 2009

Keeping Schedule

Two weeks into this season, and I am actually keeping to the schedule. I may not keep to it on the same day, but I am getting in all the workouts. Rest days are Fridays, but last Thursday, I was supposed to spin, but did not have any energy. I took my rest on Thursday, and then did a 45 minute spin on Friday.

In the past, I have not been extremely diligent on keeping to the non-team trainings. I have done most of them, but have taken extra rest days. This year, I am really trying to focus on doing all the training. In part it is because I like the workouts, but more importantly it is to honor my sister. On days where I may not feel like doing a workout, I can always skip it. She may not feel like going to a treatment or a doctors visit, but skipping it is not an option. Same can be said of any patient fighting cancer.

I am happy to say that my sister has taken the last of her six chemo therapy sessions. She will start her quarterly check ups, but gets a break on the first one. Her numbers came back really good. I am proud of her. She has faced this head on. She may be afraid, but she is standing tall and fighting back. That takes more courage than words can express.

People must believe in each other, and feel that it can be done and must be done; in that way they are enormously strong. We must keep up each other’s courage. - Vincent van Gogh

Helen, Thank you for showing courage beyond words. Thank you for being willing to fight this. Thank you for not losing yourself to fear. Thank you for being my sister! Thank you for keeping my courage up.

With love, your little brother.

No comments: