Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two Year Later

Two years ago, I took a chance on something. As most know I am not a brave or adventurous soul. I have a large body, but a small view of myself. I knew that something needed to change, but I was almost to the point where I was paralyzed to do anything to facilitate that change. Then fortunately for me that change found me. That change was TNT and LLS.

TNT and LLS won't do the work for you, but they will give you the tools to find the power and the light we all posses. TNT is really Team In Training, but it is dynamite unleashed. They provide all the motivation needed to accomplish an endurance event. The motivation comes from the stories of the honored team members. To compare your life to someone else's battling a blood cancer, or any cancer is a real eye opener. Which is the more harsh? Who has a reason to be unhappy or frustrated with the cards dealt to them?

I look back on two years of work, and can honestly say that it has been the most rewarding experience of my life. I have not made a nickel, but I have had my self-esteem and value increased more than ten fold.

I have found that doing something that you believe in is far more tangible than chasing something you think that you need. This is a gift that I had heard others talk about and because I was closed off and bitter, I would scoff at. I am very thankful that 180 degrees of change were granted to me by 720 degrees of bicycle wheels. I am thankful that my wife showed enough trust and courage to believe in her crazy husband and come along on 13.1 of a 26.2 mile stroll. As I sit here tired and sore facing another adventure of swimming .9 miles, riding 24 miles, and running (yes, I said running) 6 miles, I know that I already have my reward, of my life and spirit restored.

To each and everyone of you that has donated in the past, and will again, I say thank you. If my experiences have brought you an ounce of joy, know your contributions have saved lives and will find the cure. Through funding that research, you have given me purpose and happiness beyond measure. What a difference two years can make!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/mn/lifetri09/mmcelyea

No comments: