Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ten In A Row, WTF Is Wrong With Me!

So, I decided to sleep in this AM. I still woke up at 04:15, but my body said "Dude, you need some sleep!" I dozed in and out of slumber until 07:00. I can tell you that the benefit of this exercise over the last couple of years is sleep! When I was at my heaviest, I know that I would wake up choking on my uvula! I have not done that since losing 40 pounds! It is so nice to actually sleep!

When I was working for Satan's company, (they have the Death Star for a logo) sleep was not possible! It was work, work, and to heck with sleep do some more work! I was lost. I would solve problems in my broken sleep. Get up, write down the solution or log on and fix it before I forgot the solution. This is not a healthy lifestyle.

I feel guilty for not going to the pool this morning, but the extra rest was awesome! I arrive at work, and feel ready to accomplish something. I have a site going live on Monday, so it is time to bring up the router and the LAN. I am looking forward to it even though it will require some extra time today. Wednesday's are meeting days for me. Projects in the domestic US, and Latin America. I plug through the first half a day, and am losing focus. Time for a workout!

I head to the pool and knock out my 1100 yards for my week two workout. I am not beautiful in the water yet, but I am not the ugly child I was three weeks ago. I marvel at how far a little effort and some help can improve one's abilities. I even allow myself to enjoy the steam room after my workout. I find that subjecting myself to the steam room helps get the chlorine off my skin. I head back to work refreshed and invigorated.

I attend my two Latin American project meetings, while planning for the WAN turn up on my domestic US project. My meetings end up and I am in another conference call for the day, my fifth. We get new cards installed, and I get an email from my soon to be Ironman (woman) finisher, Kimmi! She asks me to go for a ride tonight, but I have to forgo the opportunity as I am working late, and more importantly, my girls are coming home tonight! We get the router up and working, but the WAN team has not configured the LAN interfaces. Oh well, we can knock that out in the AM. Time to go get some precious hugs from all three of my girls!

Get home, get smiles and more importantly hugs from the three people I don't deserve in my life! I am rich beyond measure! I am unworthy of these three ladies. They love me regardless of my ineptitude, my failings, and my self imposed limitations. There is nothing in life like seeing joy in the eyes of your child!

Ten days in a row working out, is not an accomplishment. Being loved, and loving in return is what makes this trip worthwile.

There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up. - John Andrew Holmes

Add especially if they are your children,and the woman that gave them to you, and you have the perfect quote!

No comments: