Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday's Are Long Days...

Slept in again today as the kids are back and we are into our normal routine again. Drop them off at Mom & Dad's and head to work. Make progress on some issues that need attention today. Domestic project is right on schedule and this is a nice feeling. It is nice to see these projects small pieces fall together into a working site. It is amazing how all the little tasks coalesce into a working office.

I am dreading going the gym for my weight training session. Not because it won't feel good to accomplish it, but I still do not like weight training. I feel that I am getting stronger, but I don't like the residual pain for the two days after. It is not debilitating pain, just annoying. Day 11 of exercise. I am in need of a much deserved rest, so Friday will be the day.

I met my trainer as I was going down stairs, and she said "you look tired." I replied, "I am dragging." She informed me that she was going to take it easy on me, but would still make the workout challenging. She was right, she took special care to watch my form and make sure that I did not strain my knees. We did squats, and different lunges so as to not put too much strain on my knees. The new form of lunge was much easier on the knees, and I could definitely feel the muscles working. Some of the exercises made me feel awkward and a bit self-conscious, but I worked through that and can feel the benefit. Core workout was good and I can feel my abs.

Weight training complete. I am debating going home without swimming, but with taking Friday off, and not being able to work out until after 13:00 CDT on Saturday I will not make my goal of 5000 - 6000 yards for the week. I go into the pool, and decide that I will skip the drills, and do the distance a little different. I wind up swimming 800 yards, focusing mainly on form and doing 50 yards, 15 seconds of rest then another 50 yards. This worked well, and was very relaxing. 4100 yards so far this week in the pool. I even let myself do one lap of breast stroke. I did not enjoy it as it was slow. I am becoming a freestyle convert.

Time for dinner, and some time with the family, and some much deserved rest. We will see what life brings tomorrow. Whatever it is, it might be good, it might be bad, but it will just be another day in this adventure called life.

No comments: