Friday, August 29, 2008

Be Who You Are!

So this has not been a great week to work out. I have missed my weight training and two days swimming. I will need to swim a double either Saturday or Sunday and lift and swim on the other to make it up. This does not frighten me as it would have a few weeks ago. Why? Because I know that I can reach inside myself and find the strength I need. When did I learn this? When I did a double last week on Saturday, I made myself swim a double 1300 yard work out. I wanted to see if I had it in the tank. Surprisingly, I did.

The spirit is decidedly more strong than the individual that inhabits the body. What does that mean? It means that the mind may be weak when the body is strong. The mind is what tells you to quit. I have said before, and will say it again: The body will go until it gets injured beyond repair. The mind will quit when it feels discomfort. Telling your mind that you have more is the trick. Pushing it to go beyond is the magic. As long as you are not injured you can push far beyond your mental limits physically.

I used to hate when my college coaches would shout "Are you injured or are you hurt?" What they were saying was push beyond your mental limitations. Stop protecting yourself and exceed your own mental limitations. Mental limitations may be subconscious or may be you wanting to stop because you are tired and flagging, and giving into the mercy of rest. Rising above these mental limitations is an amazing accomplishment.

I need physical challenge. I need to push. I need to accept. I need to grow. I need to learn boundaries. I need to keep on keeping on. I need to give. I need to love, and be loved in return. I need to be. I need to help. I need to pursue. I need to achieve. All are accomplished by going beyond mental limitations.

I will do the double twice. I will accomplish. I will accept success or failure. I will grow either way. I am learning boundaries. I will keep on by persevering. I will give. I will love, and am loved in return. I will be. I will help. I will pursue. I will achieve. I will go on beyond my mental limitations.

Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and friends will laugh with you. Close yourself in and you only hurt yourself. Be open. Be accepting. Be who you are!

No comments: