Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Better Mood Today

Okay, I am in a better mood today. I don't know why I get like that. I guess, I am human and days like yesterday are going to happen. I had a fun and busy day. I even got my work out in before coming home.

Apparently my math was off yesterday and I thought I was in an Olympic pool of 50 yards. I shorted myself 50 yards yesterday at the very end of my workout. I am supposed to swim 150 yard of slow freestyle at the end of my week four routine. I realized this today as I was hammering out my workout before heading back to a meeting. I finished my 5X100's did my 50 yards of my cool down drill, and started my 150 cool down swim. I realized into the first 25 yards that I made a boo boo yesterday. I figured I would fix the situation today so as not to cheat. I swam 200 yards for my cool down. Eight lengths of the pool! Now, that was an accomplishment that brought a smile to my face.

Off to my meeting, scarfing a sandwich while walking into work. Get through it, while feeling totally out of my comfort zone. I am a router and switch jockey, not a business guru. I can contribute, but I am not always the best at expressing my thoughts on process. I don't always know I how I accomplish what I do, but I have internal processes that I follow. Trying to document those for others seems more difficult. I am learning and working on it, but still a lot of room for improvement.

Anyway, I am not beating myself up today. Might even climb on the trainer for a spin this evening. Bad days are still going to happen. I like the fact that I can vent them here and then leave them for reflection later. I am amazed how easily some of this stuff falls on the virtual page.

Have a great night and I'll blog again tomorrow.

No comments: