Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One Of Those Days

So you just ever have one of those days? I'm not talking about the kind that we all have where everything you touch goes to excrement immediately. I am talking about one of those days where you just smile at everything and get a stupid grin on your face!

I had a great workout yesterday, the kind that you walk out of the gym just plain exhausted, but knowing you accomplished what you set out to do. I finished my work day from home in the evening, and made a lot of progress on my project list. I went to bed an slept like a log. Got up this morning and logged on to work and knocked out a solid 45 minutes before dropping the kids off and driving to work.

Once at work, attended a meeting where I felt like the minimal comments I made were accepted and appreciated. Stopped by someone's desk and helped them understand what they were looking at. Went to my own desk and on the way was asked what I was smiling at; I replied I had no idea, but the grin did not leave.

I proceeded to knock out a good block of work while remaining focused and upbeat. Was invited to lunch, which I declined because I wanted to get my work out in early. Turned on my iPod to continue to chunk through a large project initative of switch refurbishment. Listening to Rascal Flatts, the grin just continued to grow and I could feel my soul start to soar. There is something about the close harmony and the many good rides I have had with the Flatts that I just can't, not be moved by the lyrics.

I leave work to hit the pool, and I knock out my week 6 workout of 1500 yards. Two more weeks, and I will hit my goal of 1 mile in the pool. 3000 yards this week! Come home with plans of blogging and spending some time with the family. Find out Elizabeth has soccer practice, and not even this can phase my good mood as it came up unexpectedly. I am actually looking forward to seeing her as this is her first year in soccer.

I wish that these type of days happened more often. Nothing amazing happend, but all of the little events have amalgamated into a great experience. I had joyful thoughts. I had pleasant memories stirred to the surface. I have enjoyed both physical and cerebral challenges and come through them stronger today.

I guess I will close with this thought as I continue to smile:

Success is living up to your potential. That’s all. Wake up with a smile and go after life… Live it, enjoy it, taste it, smell it, feel it. - Joe Kapp

1 comment:

nerdman said...

Just tuned in... fantastic blog!!