Thursday, August 14, 2008

Doing Something You Don't Like Because It's Good For You

So, I am pretty sure you all know that I don't like lifting weights. This lack of desire comes from years of living in a weight room for football. So I only lift on Thursdays or one time a week. I swim the rest of the week.

Tonight was the first time to the gym without my trainer being involved. I did get to see Tami though, and that was nice. She was doing her workout before starting her shift. We gave each other grief in a good way.

I pretty much did my whole workout in 40 minutes. I like being able to move from exercise to exercise without delay. I quit work early to be able to get there before the post work rush. I am surprisingly not sore tonight. Maybe my muscles are adapting. I feel good.

I should have swam after my workout, but decided that I should get home early and finish up my day of work. The girls and Jen were away doing something fun, so I had a quiet house. I finished up work and watched some Olympics. I am more of a Winter Olympic fan than a Summer, but man these people are incredible!

Lifting may not be my favorite activity, but anything I can fit in before next July will help me reach my goal. Funny that I don't like goals, but I am starting to. If you don't reach them on your first attempt, the effort pays dividends. If you would have told me that I would be setting these goals for myself two years ago, I would have laughed at you. Me, set goals? What are you nuts? Sometimes you have to do things you don't like, because they are good for you.

No comments: