Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Double, Double

I sit here exhausted, but content. I did the one thing I dislike physically more than any other endeavor, and then followed it up with something that I am beginning to love. I did my lifting session, and followed it with my fifth swim of the week.

I skipped my squats, but substituted leg curls and extensions. I am dealing with an inflamed or bruised Achilles tendon. I hurt this during my marathon training, and think pushing off the edge of the pool has strained it again. My chiropractor has made it feel better, but has suggested not doing squats until it is fully healed.

It was with some delay that I arrived at the gym. I was up early, but just did not find the drive to get to the gym. I made myself leave the house and go around 13:00 CDT. I went through my lifting session with a positive attitude. I found contentment in being consistently busy in the weight room. Some exercises felt good, while others were merely endured because they are necessary.

Upon completion of weight training, I grabbed a quick shower and got ready for my swim. I was anticipating difficulty. I was surprised that I was buoyed by the water upon entering. I felt almost weightless. I felt smooth. I was figuring that with the double swim yesterday, and the lifting before this swim, I would be suffering. To my shock and amazement, I felt very slippery in the water. I did my complete 1500 yard workout in about 48 minutes. This is a little slower than I have done it the rest of the week, but still not bad. 7500 Yards swimming and one weight training session for the week.

I got home around 15:30. I relaxed for a while, and watched a movie with Elizabeth. Figured that it was time to blog a bit. I am off to read a book for a bit, before taking my rest for the evening.

No deep thoughts to express tonight. There are a couple in my cranium, but I will digest them and figure how to express them more concisely before I share them. Enjoy your extended weekend (Labor day). Live, Laugh, Love, and enjoy your time.

No comments: