Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Argentina Dia Tres

Day three and more meetings to attend for the project. Today I met with the low voltage cable vendor. Antonio is the largest Argentinean I have met. He is my size and is of Itallian decent. He was a gracious host and we had a very productive meeting at his office, and then we went to lunch.

Lunch again was an amazing event. These people work hard, and they enjoy their food. It was Chorizo sausage, Morcilla (More sea sha phonetically) sausage, Pancetta, Cheese, bread, salad, steak, and I had dolce delache ice cream for dessert. Let me tell you that dolce delache is in a word AWESOME!

We were joined by Antonio’s son, and two other employees. We had fun laughing and trading phrases. I would have to explain the words may, might, some other off color words. They would then return the favor and we would laugh and the next topic would come up without anyone having to work to find items to discuss. I think that when I could not find a document in my file that I was looking for I have provided Antonio with a new favorite saying. I stated that I was organized like a soup sandwich. Antonio burst out laughing and said I will translate that into Spanish and use it for sure.

I have now seen Casa de Rosado – “The Pink House”. It is the Presidential Residence for Argentina. Impressive!



My Chiropractic Angel Leslie told me that I would love Argentina. She was right. Leslie grew up here, and I now understand why she is the way she is. It seems that all Argentineans are genuine and very giving. I have not had a bad experience here. The work days have been long, but they have been so much fun. I am very lucky to have had this opportunity.

No comments: