Thursday, May 14, 2009

Taking Training International

Sorry that I have not posted recently. I have been pushing hard at work. My contract is wrapping up and I am trying to leave them in as good a position as I can before I have to take a 60 day hiatus. For those that don't know there is a law on the Federal books that says you can only contract for 24 months in a row at a company, then you have to leave for 60 days.

Strangely, I am not worried about this break. I have really enjoyed my experience contracting at this job. I am still hopeful that one day they will extend me an opportunity to become an employee.

The cool thing is that one of my last projects before my break is an office in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I leave for Argentina on Saturday May 16, 2009. I will continue to train while out of the country. The hotel I am staying at has a gym and a pool, so there will be no resting on my laurels. I hope to fit in all three of my scheduled workouts while there.

I will have to miss a TEAM BRICK workout, (Bike Run ICK). I will be doing this workout in the morning before I go to airport on my own. 25 mile ride and a 2 mile run. Sounds sick I know but I am starting to like doing both activities. Who knows maybe it will help me sleep some on the 10.5 hour trip from Washington D.C. to Buenos Aires.

I plan on posting while I am in Argentina. Hopefully, I can put a few pictures out here from the trip.

No comments: