Sunday, May 17, 2009

Argentina Dia uno part dos

Okay, maybe that is more Spanglish than Spanish.

I took a nap. I needed to figure out how to operate my room lights. Apparently you need to insert your room key into the fuse panel by the door to operate your room lights. I blew up my white noise machine even with my power converter, (this will make sleep interesting this week).

Dinner was good. I had Jamon y queso empinadas. They were quite tasty!!! I overheard a request for Jager Meister Ice Cold. I later struck up a conversation with the gentleman that had made this request. Sie sind nach Deutschland I asked, and he replied Ja ich bin von Cologne. His name was Franz, and we had a nice discussion on world travel, and politics. Franz is in wind energy, and travels all over the world. It was a nice evening having light conversation in German and English.

Later Franz and I were joined by Boris when he heard us speaking in German. Boris is in Argentina to provide training for his pharmaceutical company.

It is funny, that I came all the way to Argentina to use my five years of German study. It is even stranger that I was a polyglot this evening. Polyglot: A person having a speaking, reading, or writing knowledge of several languages. I don't speak English well, but I was able to order my dinner in Spanish, Strike up a conversation in Duetsch, and thankfully both Franz and Boris are well versed in English. It made for a fun and engaging evening of conversation.

We will see what tomorrow brings. Hasta maƱana. Necesito dormir esta noche.

No comments: