Thursday, September 18, 2008

Parenting Is Hard Work

While dealing with all the family stress, parenting is hard. You want to take the fear out of your children. You want to be honest. You want to answer all of the questions they have to the best of your abilities. Having an open and honest conversation, might just add more fear and confusion, but it is 100% the right thing to do. Doing the right thing is not always easy.

I have one child, that is so much like me, and the other that is like Jen. The one that scares me is the one like me! Holding in anger and fear, never winds up in a good place. Getting this one to release that tripe is hard! Mom and Dad, wow you had your hands full with me.

We got some relief tonight. Our loved one is out of the hospital. I have to say they look damn good. The one like me and myself got to see our loved one. My mini me and this person are very close, and I think they both found some relief.

Also it brought out new feelings and emotions that needed to be handled. This task is not beyond me, just really means I have to concentrate on patience. Patience is not my strongest attribute. I think we got through a rough spot, but tomorrow is a new day filled with opportunities. I won't pat myself on the back yet.

Workout Update: While it is not the most important topic right now. I have 4000 yards this week in swim workouts. I pushed on the 100's, and really pushed hard today on the 50's. I beat the first workout by 1:00 minute today. Not a huge accomplishment, but an improvement. It was not easy, it did hurt a bit. As Bob likes to remind me "Pain is weakness leaving the body." I have a lot of weakness then. But you know what, I have unlimited strength too. Remember someone very bold and brave once reminded me that I run on a lot of anger. I at least have a coping mechanism for mine now.

Thanks to all for your comments. Ms. R, you can bring a step ladder, so you can rub my bald head. You let me know if it brings you any luck. If you win the lottery, I want half!

1 comment:

Ms. R said...

I'm glad your loved one is out of the hospital! That's always a giant step in the right direction. Oh, and we absolutely have a deal with the lottery business! ;)