Monday, September 29, 2008

Today Is A Beautiful Day And I Cannot See It

I was sent this link by a friend. I was struggling to think of something to write that was positive today. I think the last subtitle of this short film should give us all something to think about!

http://www.adnstream.tv/video/nilSqaMboM/HISTORIA-DE-UN-LETRERO-THE-STORY-OF-A-SIGN

It all comes down to perspective. How often even though we have gifts do we focus on the stress and strife of life, and miss an opportunity? How often when we could make a difference do we sit on the sideline and allow someone else to take the first step? How often do we not find the energy to do something that would benefit someone else, because there might not be anything in it for us?

I will admit that I am guilty of all of the negative sides of those questions. The amazing thing that I have found is that every time you reach out and invest yourself, you will most definitely get something out of it. You might not realize it at the time you are helping, but it's there. If you walk away with a smile, that's your reward. If you walk away with a warm feeling, that is your reward. If you get a thank you, that is your reward. If you contribute, you will always walk away better off in a tangible way.

Funny that I was busy trying to think of something motivating to say, and this fell into my lap. Today is a beautiful day, and thank you for the person that helped me to see it! Thanks Leslie!

No comments: