Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Random Thoughts

Okay, its gonna be alright! Looking into my mind should scare the hell out of any sane and rational human being! I promise though you are going to be all right!

Why is it that when the day's start getting shorter we all try to cram as much into them as humanly possible? Is it that we know it's getting darker sooner and we have to be busy bee's to get it all in? Are there any less than 24 hours in the day just because it gets darker sooner? Slow down! Just cause it's dark outside doesn't mean you have to go to bed unless your my children! The bonus here is that I only have two perfect children the rest of you are on your own!!!!

Why is it that when you listen to music you can almost always find something that touches your soul on a primordial level? It is as if it harmonizes with who you are at your core. As if it has always been there, but you are hearing it for the first time. It strikes a chord and you find it easier to just be! As if you are sitting with an old friend you have known your entire life.

Why is it that we are all so different, and yet so much alike? We are all good at something, and we are all not good at everything. Yet the thing I may be good at does not always make me happy, and I wish I was better at what you are good at. You on the other hand are not brought joy by your strength, but wish you had mine. Now that is an odd paradox!

Why is it that when you feel at your most supernumerary self, you are okay with who you are? Even if it is over the top? Is it for the briefest of moments that you can see who you are at the root of your being? That you are laid bare for all to see in glory and weakness all in the same moment?

And now I lead you back safely to Terra firma as promised. Safe and sound, and happy as hell that you are not anywhere near as weird as I am!!!

No comments: